WordPress training courses – Learn how to take control of your site in a day – In house, in home, office & virtual
The course can be delivered at your own pace to fit in with your schedule over the space of three days or three months. We’ll show you how to build a new website and set yourself up as a website developer. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and a positive attitude.
Our advanced WordPress website development training courses for developers teach you how to create and market your own website development business using WordPress, the world’s leading website content management system.
We’ll show you everything from installing WordPress and setting it all up to the most useful features and tools within the CMS (Content Management System). You’ll be building your own brand new site and working on it throughout the course. You will learn to apply a professional design, make the site search engine friendly and add all of the features and functionality you need to further develop and run the site yourself.
The course in more detail…
- Please bring your own laptop with WiFi enabled to the training sessions. Wireless broadband access is provided on location.
- WordPress is the world’s favourite Content Management System. It’s easy to learn and you can go at your own pace throughout the course.
- You’ll be given a step-by-step training manual so that you can carry on where you left off with your site at any stage of the build process.
- There’s lots to learn on this course, therefore you should be comfortable using a computer & the internet, even if you have little or no prior experience with WordPress.
- We will cover all the basics of WordPress and have your own site up and running in next to no time! During the training sessions, we will cover a series of ways to make your websites look good and work hard for your clients.
- You will learn how to control the structure, look and feel, add essential features, conversion forms, track visitors, get ranked well on search engines, take easy PayPal payments, connect up your social media accounts, add a newsletter signup box, start blogging and learn how to connect with your market plus much, much more.
- The marketing section of the course is led by small business marketing specialist Nigel Temple. He will reveal a step by step process for attracting clients and winning business.
- Full training manual written in plain English.
- Online resource centre with ‘how-to’ videos, step by step instruction with diagrams.
- Ask questions & get feedback and solutions via our interactive WordPress group online.
Module one – Learn how to build professional websites with ease
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installation and Set Up
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Posts / Blogs and Pages
- Categories and Tags
- Users, Links and Comments
- Themes and Plugins
- Using featured images, pages & widgets for the perfect design & homepage
- Run an Online Store with eCommerce Plugins
- Run and sell events, tickets, courses or holidays with an Events Manager Plugin
- Menus and Widgets
- Advanced widgets and setting out custom widgets on different pages
- Images and Videos
- Editing and optimising images for WordPress
- Portfolios, Screengrabs and Image Galleries
- Videos and Screencasts
- Galleries and Portfolios
- Contact Forms and Maps
- Advanced website conversion forms
- Security, Stability and Backing Up
Module two – Advanced WordPress development & Search Engine Optimisation
- Search Engine Optimisation
- SEO plugins
- SEO techniques
- Keyword research & analysis
- How to get onto page one of Google
- Getting links into your Site
- Increasing Traffic and Conversions
- Google’s free tools: Analytics, Keyword Tool, AdWords, Webmaster Tools
- Tracking – traffic, visitors and site stats
- How to get visitors and website traffic
- Theme Frameworks
- Getting the best out of a blank canvas style framework
- Configuring and customising child themes, including an introduction to using CSS
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- User experience
- Useful resources, forums and where to get answers quickly
Module three – Discover how to attract profitable clients
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Social media / social networking
- Facebook for business
- The Marketing Compass
- Email marketing, newsletter software & the signup process
- Constant Contact
- Email templates
- Advertising & Affiliate networks
- Google AdWords
- Facebook and other platforms
- Affiliate networks & commission on related products
We run training sessions in Central London and also in the Thames Valley including High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Slough, and Reading. If you’d like a bespoke training course for your company at your offices or in a different location to the ones above, please call us on 0754 006 2968 or contact us with your training requirements
* This course can also be delivered virtually, over an entire year, ask us for more details.
Price: Please call or email to discuss your requirements.
To find out our latest Advanced WordPress developer training courses dates, ask questions or to book your place, please either email us or call 0754 006 2968